Visiting West Union Gardens
Season and Hours of Operation
The farm opens in mid to late June, as soon as the early berry crops are ready. A succession of crops is available through September, and we have a pumpkin patch in October.
June-August: Monday - Saturday from 8am to 8pm.
September: Monday - Saturday from 9 am to 5 pm
October: Saturdays & Sundays - call for hours
West Union Gardens is at 7775 NW Cornelius Pass Rd, Hillsboro, Oregon, 97124. We are located 1.7 miles north of Highway 26 on Cornelius Pass Rd. Click here for map
Before You Visit
- Please check the daily update on the home page or call before you come to find out if the crops you want to pick are available that day. No reservations are required for picking. We are quite busy on sunny Saturdays; picking on weekdays, evenings, and cloudy days are a great way to beat the crowds.
- You may bring your own containers from home to pick into. We offer sanitized buckets for you to borrow if you want them, and we have take-home containers available for sale if you do not have your own.
- Please leave your pets at home; no animals are allowed in the crop fields pursuant to Dept. of Agriculture regulations.
- Our picnic area has a few tables that you may use. A station with cleaning and sanitation supplies is maintained nearby for you to use. It is helpful to us if you would take your garbage home with you -- thank you!
- Please check in first at the tent. Give each other space and be patient as we welcome you and give picking information and directions to the fields.
- Wash your hands at one of our sinks before you pick.
- Please don’t eat while picking, and be careful not to touch fruit that you will not pick.
- Children must stay with parents at all times.
- Please stay in the areas you are assigned or that are clearly designated as available for picking. Our staff is happy to answer questions about where else you can pick.
- Please respect any “no picking” signs around our farm. We grow a wide variety of crops, many of which may not be ready for harvest or are not available for u-pick.
- Please keep off farm equipment and do not enter barns or greenhouses.
- Flying of drones is not permitted.
COVID Considerations for 2021
- You are not required to wear a mask while outdoors at our farm. Your decision to mask or not depends on your own health risk level or other individual concerns. While picking, please give others plenty of personal space. Of course if you are ill, you should stay home.
- We will limit the number of individuals present at one time inside our farmstand, even though it is open to the outside air, to allow for comfortable distancing. You may wish to take the extra precaution to wear a mask, but that is your decision.
- Our employees wear masks unless they are working out in the field. We regularly clean and sanitize high-contact areas.